Dorset and London-based artist and published author Jenny Hawke works in watercolour, ink, and acrylic, creating vibrant and colourful depictions of nature, spirituality, and everyday life.
Largely self-taught, she has also learnt from her father, Eddie Askew, artist, author and speaker whose art and books have inspired many people and continue to do so.
Working mostly with watercolour, Jenny loves the unpredictability of the medium as well as the vibrancy and fluidity of the colours it produces on the page. Passionate about communication, she uses her paintings to convey a sense of faith, peace and beauty, asking the viewer to pause and take time to reflect.
She has exhibited regularly for fifteen years in Surrey and in London. She also posts a thought for the day and a recent painting each day on her Facebook page, which can be seen at
Enjoy her colourful process-based paintings and illustrations.
CPO Christian Publishing and Outreach, ROOTS Magazine, Preach Magazine, The Leprosy Mission, and Magnet Magazine.
Past exhibitions and publications:
- Paintings currently for sale in The Cove Gallery Weymouth and the Grange Gallery, Wareham
- National Trust two-day workshop leader, Corfe Castle
- Solo exhibition at Arne Nature Reserve, Dorset
- Rollington Barn Exhibition, Purbeck Art Weeks
- Boilerhouse Gallery Christmas Market, Corfe Castle, Dorset
- Guest Artist Exhibition, Purbeck New Wave Gallery, Swanage
- Guest Illustrator, Sketch Event, RSPB Arne Nature Reserve
- Makers of Lovely Things Christmas Market 2018, Balham, London
- Joint Exhibition at Purbeck Artisans Yard, Wareham
- Group Art Exhibition, St. Paul's Church, Banstead, Surrey
- Makers of Lovely Things Christmas Market 2017, Balham, London
- Group exhibition at St. Paul's Church, Banstead
- Solo exhibition at the Social Pantry, Clapham
- Christmas Craft Fair, Guildford Cathedral, Guildford, Surrey
- Surrey Art Fairs Collective Pop-Up, Redhill Belfry, Redhill, Surrey
- Surrey Art Fairs Collective Exhibition, Redhill Belfry, Surrey
- 'Colour of Creation' solo show at Guildford Cathedral
- Solo show at Lantern Arts Centre, Raynes Park
- 'The Journey' solo show at Guildford Cathedral
- Annual stall-holder at Christian Resources Exhibition, Sandown
- Group Exhibition at Soho Gallery
Solo exhibitions Bourne Hall, Ewell, Surrey
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Featured on the
Jenny's recent 'One Friday Project' was showcased on BBC1's Songs of Praise, on 05/03/17. You can watch the episode on Catch Up here: